Welcome to the first edition of Sew Inspo, where I link you to fab sewing inspiration/ideas/tutorials/resources that I've spotted around the web on any given week. (I'd love to tell you I'll be doing a new edition every week, but we'll see ... because, life is so time consuming, ha!
I won't waste time yakking. Let's get started!
- First up, how cute is Shari's Berries' s DIY strawberry costume?? Who thinks I can get my husband to be a strawberry with me? No? Ok, but my dog can't really argue.
- Next, the Coats & Clark blog has some cool ideas for using zippers in out-of-the-box ways. If you're like me and you snatch bags of zippers up at thrift stores, you may find some inspiration over there!
- I crochet more than I knit (I do neither of those nearly as much as I sew, obviously), but I might try knitting this free cowl pattern by Fiber Flux. Looks simple enough! If you've been wanting to give knitting a go, this might be a good place to start.
- You must see what Taunja from Carried Away Quilting did with Moda's toweling by the yard!! I didn't know this was a thing, but I am for sure going to purchase some yardage for Christmas gifts! Great idea, Moda!
- Ok, this one isn't from this week, it's a few years old, but I have just now stumbled on it. An adorable free newborn sleep gown pattern by Stitched Together. With all the amazing knits out there these days, whipping a few of these up for baby gifts will be so fun.
- A fun ear flap wool hat tutorial on Purl Soho. I think my kids would like these. And what if you used an old or thrifted sweater for the wool?
- I absolutely love Sugar and Cloth's tassled throw pillows! And she made them from tea towels. Very clever and so cool.
- Oh my goodness, we are getting our pom pom makers out tomorrow to make some of Maya Kuzman's boho pom poms. So much fun, my kids loooove making pom poms! I'm seeing holiday versions and garlands strung from bedroom windows!
- Lastly, if you haven't seen our latest YouTube video, you can learn to make a zipper pouch. What kinds of things could you fill these with for Christmas gifts?? Or is it a faux pa to speak of Christmas before Halloween?
If you've seen any other cool ideas around the web this week, be sure and let me know!