I have made a top from this pattern and love it and wear it all the time. What I love most about it is the fit of the neckline and arms, so I knew I wanted to try to modify it into a dress someday. That day was yesterday!
I slashed and spread the pattern pieces at the waist in order to create more of a tent dress shape on the bottom and then added length. Thankfully this worked beautifully, because I don't often take the time for muslins, ha!
When I got to the hemming stage, I wanted to do something a little different and thought the slight high-lo would look cute. I feel like, with a semi-shapeless dress, making it too long just overwhelms me and looks frumpy. So I wanted it short enough not to do that, but also I wanted length enough in the back not to have to be sooo careful when I bend down. I think I covered my bases and it looks great!
This is a keeper pattern for me, even though it's in several pieces now, haha.
I hope to finish a few more projects this week before my next round of sewing camps starts. Until then, Happy Independence Day, America!
Cheers and Happy Sewing :)